Take the GDPR Survey Below. What are the impediments, or reasons, keeping you, & 80% of companies, from becoming GDPR Compliant?
Let BigDataRevealed know which statements below apply to you (by typing the number(s) comma separated) & adding any that pertain to you that we have overlooked in the comments.
The EU will NOT take actions to fine companies.
- The EU has no mechanism to audit companies, so why worry.
- We will only be fined if we are breached and we feel comfortable hackers will not penetrate our ‘Firewalls’.
- The cost to become compliant is prohibitive.
- We won’t be able to use our existing applications if we encrypt the Personal Data in our files.
- We don’t need to do business in the EU, so why become compliant.
- Collecting ‘Consent’ documentation is too cumbersome.
- If we ask for ‘Consent’ too few individuals will respond affirmatively.
- The costs of EU fines may put us out of business, but the cost of adjusting our applications to handle encrypted data certainly will.
- We hope to be lucky and have no whistle blowers, no breaches and no EU audits.
- US Regulators will never place similar restraints on companies, so we are secure.
- We just don’t know and understand GDPR well enough to plan properly.